Sunday, November 16, 2014

ABS Editors Take the November Challenge!

Cattleya Orchid and Three Hummingbirds by Martin Johnson Heade
This month's inspiration piece for the November Challenge at Art Bead Scene isn't my cup of tea. With Heather's push I decided at the last minute to participate. 

This is the Lotus Button from my Henna Collection. Normally these are glazed with a single color.
I wanted to give a customer another option for the color she had chosen. 
This the red happens to be in the tail of the bird on the right.
I was able to participate in  the November challenge! Cool!!
I ran out of time to glaze another version which was going to be in gradated color of pink to white.

I can't wait to see what everyone else creates for this months challenge!

Please hop over to see what my fellow Editors created for the challenge.
Rebecca Anderson – Songbeads (posting tomorrow!)
Mary Harding – Mary Harding Jewelry
Heather Powers – Humblebeads Blog
Claire Lockwood-Something to Do with Your Hands

Remember any button can be a pendant or jewelry component.

9 comments:

Heather Powers said...

Tari I'm so glad you decided to jump in the challenge and work with something that was out of your comfort zone. Your lotus is gorgeous!

Claire Lockwood said...

What a pretty button - such lovely detail!

baymoondesign said...

I love this lotus button. Well done!

Becky Pancake said...

This is a beautiful button Tari. I would like to see it in the pink shades.

Rebecca said...

Really pretty - that little touch of green makes it such a different piece! I love it.

TesoriTrovati said...

That is a great button, Miss Tari! I love that you could customize the color to suit your needs. I hope you do glaze it with a gradation effect, as I would love to see that! Enjoy the day. Erin

Carol Briody said...

Tari!..this color is a perfect yummy match to the awesome hummingbird plumage at the lower right of the artwork! I can totally envision a jewelry piece using your artwork button!

Tari of ClayButtons.com said...

Thank you so much for the comments!!!

Mary Harding said...

Love your lotus Tari. So perfect for the exotic jungle feeling of the painting. A perfect red!!!