Sunday, December 5, 2010

Art Bead Scene Ornament Blog Hop




May you have peace in your life.
Not asking for world peace, just peace in your life or within yourself. Enough to make your piece of the world livable in rough times. It's pretty rough for many.
I've had this design in my head since last year. It just never made it's way out.
This was going to be my ornament of the the year. I have been making ornaments every Christmas for many years. 
Every mold for buttons, pendants or ornaments have their own quirks you deal with when you are making your art. 
Why do you make molds? Well, for consistency Virginia. Plus it makes my life easier.
This particular mold was making my life miserable. It was taking way too long to produce one ornament. Frankly, I have way to many I need to make with a looming deadline.
I needed a little peace in my life on this one...find your happy place and breath.
I came up with another design after my husband had to say "you did this to yourself." Well yeah. Design yourself in a corner and see if you can get out. I really cornered myself on this one. I wasn't feeling the love on the second design. My son came up with an idea and I took it from there. I was feeling the love on the third design. Now if I can just produce enough because that deadline didn't quit looming just because my mold was messed up.
I will show you the new design Christmas Day here and at Art Bead Scene.
My turn for Studio Saturday on Christmas Day. 
I am happy how the only Peace ornament turned.

Peace out 
Thanks for visiting.

Hop over to see what everyone else made.
The blog hop participants:
















Wednesday begins Art Bead Scene's 12 Days of Christmas - we'll have 12 free projects from our editors from now until December 24th.  Just our way of saying thanks for another great year at the ABS!

18 comments:

JeannieK said...

I think it's important to have peace with yourself so you can have peace in your life. This really resonates with me.
Your ornament is a good reminder of this. Love the colors, they are so happy.
Thank you. Happy Holidays to your and yours, jeannie

rosebud101 said...

That is a great ornament! I love the the colors! Isn't this blog hop fun?

Islandgirl said...

Wonderful thoughts! Great colours! Wishing you A happy and Safe Holiday!

Islandgirl aka Lynne

JenniferJangles said...

Tari,

I love that ornament! Can't wait to see your other on Christmas.

Happy Holidays,
Jennifer Jangles

Rosanne said...

What a beautiful ornament! We are all in need of a little peace in our lives and this is a beautiful reminder. Merry Christmas!

Mary Harding said...

I love your ornament. The visual and emotional sentiment. Super.

Michelle Mach said...

Your ornament made me smile! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Beverly Herman said...

I love the bright colors of your ornament and word peace. Peace be with you on this holiday season!

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Beautiful ornament, Tari! This blog hop is so much fun, I'm not getting any work done today. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Lynda

Heather Powers said...

Wishing your peace this season Tari! Sorry to hear your mold was fighting with you. I'm looking forward to seeing your official ornament of the year!

TesoriTrovati said...

Breathe deep. Seek peace.
This is colorful and fun, Tari! Just what I would expect from you.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Spirited Earth said...

great colors..it is the season for peace.

Elysian Studios said...

What a fun retro piece! Love the bright colors and I appreciate your story... even if you only got one done, it's a success!

cindydolezaldesigns said...

Love this ornament, the colors!!! wow.

Unknown said...

Love the colors and the sentiment!

Tari of ClayButtons.com said...

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments!
This has been fun.
May you have a memorable holiday and Peace.
Tari

Pretty Things said...

Beautiful -- and peace should BE those fun colors, you know?

Cindy Gimbrone said...

I'm glad you did that to yourself, Tari - it's a really cool ornament! Looking forward to seeing the other ones in store for us later!

Cindy